Heston 1007 disc mower

lundi 26 mars 2018

I have manuals ordered but I can’t wait to start working on a used 1007 disc mower I just bought.
I understand that it has sections and that appears to be a good thing for lubrication, however how do you remove the “turtle” Shell that the cutter bars are bolted to? I can’t see any holes to put a bar in to keep them from spinning. They all spin opposite of each other I just want to open them up and make sure they have oil. Or I guess grease in them. I am not sure if maybe some are left handed threads? Before I started cranking on them I thought I would ask for help. Are clockwise spinners left handed threads?

How about threads for the bolts that hold knifes on would they have reverse threads?

Roughly how many HP does it take to run one of these?

Any way to make them throw hay more into a windrow? One side has a drag piece that looks like it would move the hay into somewhat of a windrow...

Since it’s new to me should I just add grease until full or try and drain old grease out?

How much slack should there be between discs? Seems like this one might turn 1 to 1.5” before the others start turning.

Anything else I should look for since I have some time to fix before hay season?

Thank you very much!

Heston 1007 disc mower

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire