Tile Lines

vendredi 9 mars 2018

As I have walked the property for the last few years I have identified some wet areas in the pastures. Assuming they were springs I thought about trying to utilize one of them for watering the cattle.

 

This week I took advantage of the soft ground and snow to locate potential "springs" and came up with some long forgotten tile lines. I can locate the ones I remember growing up but these I knew nothing about. Talked to my uncle and learned that Grandpa started tiling in '49. Thinking of getting excavator in here and get new pipe put on them. Will be paying close attention to the hills and low spots near fields, can only imagine how many more have disappeared in the last 70 years.

 

This one my sons and I found on a walk couple years ago and told them it was a spring.

008.jpg 004.jpg 005 (2).jpg

 

This is the one I thought of using as a water source

005.jpg 003.jpg 006 (2).jpg

 

I am confident there is one near here but out of reach of the loader. Water is running enough it won't freeze.

002.jpg 002 (2).jpg

 

Found this one while fixing fence. In the side of a hill that is eroding away. Heard running water and investigated. It was running half full at the time. Best running tile I had ever seen. Most of ours is just a gentle flow.

008 (2).jpg



Tile Lines

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire