Second remote install for a DK40SE Cab HST.

lundi 10 septembre 2018

This spring I ordered top and tilt hydraulics from MtnViewRanch and purchased the 2nd remote kit from my DK40SE.

As my hydraulic delivery date nears I'm feeling the need to get this second remote installed.

Anybody who has done this and have any pointers?

My plan is to go visit the shop I bought everything at and ask this same question of the mechanic. He's a great guy and already told me I could do it myself. Hopefully I'll review the shop manual and snap photos of the relevant pages. I really wish I could buy the Shop Manual in PDF version someplace, I love those for my motorcycles.

When I bought the kit I looked over the parts. The unexpected things:

1. The thick plate containing the valve didn't seem to have obvious gaskets.
2. They provided two different length handles, but only one rubber boot and ball.
3. Also seemed to provide lines to the rear for both remotes (maybe I just forgot about the return?)

Given this was a second remote kit it seemed odd to provide both handles and extra lines. Some of this may be revealed when I'm elbow deep in the job. I've held off starting because I'm lazy AND because I fear of a long force interruption from something like a damaged and/or missing gasket(s).

Would love to hear from someone who's been there done it, and remembers mistakes that I could avoid.

Thanks in advance.


Second remote install for a DK40SE Cab HST.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire