Reiff Farm Service - Shippensburg, PA

vendredi 21 septembre 2018

Earlier this year, someone created a post asking about this dealership. I didn't reply at that time as I didn't have anything to add.  I do now.

 

I bought a brand-new Woods bat-wing mower from Reiff in late spring.  The second time I went to use the mower - which was less than 90 days from the time of purchase - one of the tires was flat.  Upon closer inspection, I discovered that all four tires have severe dry-rot (see photos).  I bought this mower with used tires and I understand that there's some risk on my part but I think it's reasonable to expect the tires to last for a season to two - at least.

 

I called Reiff and Elam told me there's no warranty on the tires.  I then called out to the Woods factory in Illinois. The person I spoke to asked to the mower's serial number.   I read it to him from the sales receipt and he put me on hold for a minute.  When he can back on the phone, he said that unit left their factory with rims only.  In other words, the dealer provided the tires.

 

When purchasing a new piece of equipment with used tires, one would think an effort would be made to find tires that are still in reasonably good condition.  Obviously, Reiff installed the cheapest tires they could find.  Needless to say, I will never do business with them again.

 

My local tire shop is currently installing 4 new tires which gave me the chance to take the attached photos.

 

Tire 1.JPG Tire 4.JPG Tire 2.JPG Tire 3.JPG



Reiff Farm Service - Shippensburg, PA

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire