Second cutting dilema

mercredi 19 septembre 2018

Well, here I am, 1/4 of the way into second cutting and nothing but rain, rain, rain.

Someone told me the area I live in "The Delaware Valley" has seen 50" so far this year. The big city, Philadelphia has its greatest rainfall in history, and the year still has 3&1/2 months to go!

 

Fields are mostly mud. I just saw a bigger operator than me break out the 15' mower and begin cutting his fields-calling it quits. I kind of take my cues from him sometimes. 

 

I'm not a quitter, but beginning to wonder...is second cutting going to happen? I've seen short windows of beautiful dry weather in October, but next 10 days are average for making hay at best. 

 

Any opinions? 



Second cutting dilema

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire