Anyone that restores barns in Southeast Ohio?

samedi 22 septembre 2018

This is probably a shot in the dark but figured I would try anyway. My wife and I bought this farm last fall and I am working on getting it cleaned up and working in better shape than we bought it.

I have an older 70x30 barn that is in rough shape. It is still standing, doesn’t appear to be leaning (to my eye), but the metal roof has come off in a few places and has been like that for a few years. A lot of the timber looks to be fine with a few places questionable.

I plan to tear it down and build a hay shed with a little section attached to run cattle through. But, I thought if someone who knew what they were doing looked at it and said it is salvageable and could be done for around what it would cost for me to get it tore down and hauled away and the new building cost, I would consider it.

If the previous owner put s roof on it when it started coming off I would t be tearing it down. It is an older barn with hewn beams and is pegged. Does anyone know of anyone that does this type of thing in Southeastern Ohio? I am checking around but coming up empty so far.

Anyone that restores barns in Southeast Ohio?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire