Coronavirus

vendredi 13 mars 2020

I expect Coronavirus will be on everyone's mind for a while. So this needs its own thread instead of appearing randomly in unrelated categories.

With hand sanitizer long gone from local stores I looked at the ingredients and concluded denatured Ethyl (not Methyl) alcohol is the primary ingredient. But I don't see a source for that. Shellac thinner is a blend of both varieties of alcohol so not suitable for continual skin contact.

Looking farther, Sterno's 'green' Ethanol Gel Fuel (not regular Sterno) might be a suitable replacement for gel sanitizer. Anybody know?

Are there any inexpensive and available substitutes for pharmacy sanitizer?

High-proof liquor is near pure ethyl alcohol but darned expensive and I don't think it's even sold here. I've never seen the legendary 151-proof Bacardi that I sampled once on their veranda in Puerto Rico.


Coronavirus

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire