New Holland 678 baler repair

dimanche 8 mars 2020

I’m doing a bit of preseason maintenance and I need to replace the bearings in the take up arm rollers. My problem is the anchor bolts will not unscrew enough to relieve tension on the springs connected to the take up arms.I’ve cleaned out the trash trapped inside the spring coil and it seems? that the threads are rusted restricting free turn. Obviously I can’t clean the threads inside the spring with a die as there’s no access. The lock nut is free. I’ve sprayed lubricant in there every time I’ve worked it In and out, probably 5-6 times. These bolts back out about the same amount each time not seeming to gain any ground. The baler is approximately 20 years old so I’m confident there could be rust on the threads although it doesn’t appear excessive.

 

Does anyone have any tips to overcome this obstacle?



New Holland 678 baler repair

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire