Diesel Fuel Filtering

vendredi 27 mars 2020

I was new to diesel when I got the BX2230 and then the X1120D.

I had to buy a couple of new fuel containers, yellow so that my lovely Mrs and the kids did not accidentally put the wrong fuel in the right tank.

When I get a new fuel can, I rinse it with water thoroughly and let it dry upside down in the sun. Once it is completely dry, I install the ezflow high volume spout and its vent. Once that is done, to insure nothing fell into the tank, I hit it with a little compressed air and inspect it.

OK, so both of these cans were then filled with diesel and I filled up my equipment. Now empty, I brought them home from the farm to re-fill them and noticed a considerable about of floating crud in the bottom of both cans. Remember, they went from the fuel station pump directly to the farm when they were used and never exposed to anything else.

My question for you folks who have more experience with diesel, does it usually have a lot of crud in it from the filling station? I noticed two large filters inline on the fill hose. Could crud be getting through those filters?

Appreciate anything insight on this.


Diesel Fuel Filtering

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire