Seeder recommendation

dimanche 29 mars 2020

I'm shopping for a seeder, as I've finally committed to replanting my hay fields here on the home farm this year. I'd like to get something I can use for overseeding too, as I may not always have tilled soil to plant in. I'd like to keep it to a narrower width - somewhere between 6 -10 ft wide, so I can also reseed pastures and paddocks with 12' gates. Either trailed or 3PT, and my main tractor is on the smallish side at 50 HP.

 

I've mostly been considering landscape type or food plot seeders, but there seem to be a fair number of IH 510, 5100, and Brillion seeders available locally on the used market. I've also looked at some of the Woods precisions seeders.

 

I'm not looking to do anything other than grass, maybe some alfalfa mix at some point down the road but pretty much straight grass is what I'm needing to plant, primarily an Orchard/Rye/Fescue/Timothy blend, and some bluegrass blends for the paddocks and pastures.

 

I've never run or owned a seeder before other than a Landpride no-till turf seeder when I was in the lawn and tree care industry 30 years ago, so I'm basically starting from scratch here and have no bias or preconceived notions of what brand is better or worse. Any advice would be cheerfully accepted!

 

Please help educate me - and thanks!



Seeder recommendation

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire