Making a Living Baling Hay

mercredi 28 octobre 2020

I'm sure this has been asked several times before, but I am wondering how much acreage does it take for a guy to make a living selling hay.  Here is the scenario.  100 acres owned free and clear of good coastal fields.  I think you can get good reliable equipment and setup an irrigation system for 150k-200k.  Small coastal square bales sell for $7-$8 in this area on a normal year sometimes as high as $10 a bale.  By my numbers with expenses it looks like you can profit roughly $4 per bale of hay sold.  At 4 cuttings a year and 2 tons a cutting that's somewhere around 30,000 bales a year cut.  Profit around 120k a year.  Do these numbers sound close to being accurate?  I am looking to maybe making the switch some day and investing in good equipment and setup the whole operation.  Thanks for the input.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Making a Living Baling Hay

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire