Shopping for a new to me square baler

jeudi 15 octobre 2020

I make about 1 to 2,000 small square bales a year. I think I have my old New Holland 270 sold, so looking to upgrade a bit. Not looking for anything brand new, probably 1970s to 1980s equipment. I would like to stick with New Holland, because I pretty much know them inside and out. Have been shopping around a little bit and there's quite a bit to choose from, and quite a big price range. Would probably like to get into the 300 series, and I've seen some pretty nice 311s out there for the money. I know the 273s, 275s, and 276s are all pretty old, but I think that even those would work for what I'm wanting to do. I don't think I want to spend to get to the 575's. Not sure if I want to go with a thrower or not. We do bale a fair amount on the ground for customers to pick up. And, some of our hills are pretty steep so getting a wagon on those can be tough. Not sure how easy it is to move a thrower out of the way to bale on the ground. Would really like to stay under $5,000. Don't mind putting some work into one over the winter . That's what I did with my 270, got a deal on it, put some work and parts in it, and it's been a good baler for the last four or five years. Just need to upgrade to something with with a little more capacity. I have heard that the 310's, 315s, and 320s had some issues if run at rated speed. Just interested in what you all have to say about some of the older balers. I definitely want one with a super sweep, as I have had some issues with my narrow pickup leaving some hay with our bigger windrows. Just thought I'd shop around now when there may be some deals to be had at the end of the season.

Shopping for a new to me square baler

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire