Food chain

mardi 6 octobre 2020

Grandson was archery deer hunting Sunday early evening, texted me he had a wolf howling fairly close. Upon leaving his stand at dark, he realized something was approaching from behind (50 yards or so).......touched off three warning rounds from his side piece, and it ran off. Monday morning I was greeted with a fresh road kill just yards from my driveway. So that was put out in the area where he hunts along with a game cam.

WGI_0004.JPG WGI_0005.JPG WGI_0009.JPG WGI_0010.JPG

I've noticed the nightly chorus of coyotes has stopped. Dozens of deer in the fields, early evenings is non existent. Now they're spooked, standing in the middle of fields mid day, running erratically around. I'm not complaining. Just observing. Our Canadian hunters aren't allowed to cross the border, thank you covid. But now nature has once again solved our deer population issue. Amazing how things work out.

Food chain

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire