MN Alfalfa 15-17 acres

vendredi 16 octobre 2020

I just added 11.5 acres on my 13.5 acres. However I have boer goats for market and couple cow horses with my house taking up shy of 10 acres. The rest I plan on running Alfalfa. I do not have any equipment yet. Have people around that are able to run the land for me. However I am looking forward to the experience and running the process myself. There quite a bit of horse properties around as well. I was thinking of getting a tractor, baler, and wagon. Renting the rest of the equipment as Tractor will have so many more uses than just baling. Small square. balers are not that common and these bales are going for $7 each. Now I should get around 7000 bales a year at 150 an acre X 15 acres X 3 cuts a year. 

 

Any advice.

 

I shouldn't have a problem selling it goes quick around here. 

I have read many of the posts of people starting. 

I can also run the baler for other people near by that want small squares.  

 

Transportation could be an issue and stacking little over 2000 bales per cut could bog things up. 

I also do not have current storage. If it doesn't sell fast I would bring to market.  Till I get the barn up.

 

I need to make land payments so this is not optional.



MN Alfalfa 15-17 acres

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire