Difference of baler belt design

dimanche 18 octobre 2020

As I read about different subjects concerning round balers I see different belts for different applications- dry hay vs high moisture hay. In trying to overcome or confirm my good, better, best train of thought for all conditions and crops I’m curious exactly what the differences are between these belts. 
Is there one specific belt that’s better- will roll all crops with ease or are there indeed 2 different designs of belts for dry hay vs wet hay?

 

We presently run NH 678 balers. I’m going to install new belts on one of them this year. We almost always roll dry grass hay, only rolling high moisture hay if the weather suddenly Creates a need to roll high moisture hay to beat the rain. Those few times we’ve rolled high moisture hay I don’t recall any issues with the belts we have.
 

With that said which belt design fits our operation best? Does one design or brand have more longevity than others?
 

What is the estimated life expectancy or number of bales for a set of belts for a baler?

 

and a bit more info. My Dad has made all decisions on our farm for all my life but time has caught up with him so I’m trying to learn more than just relying on what the dealership has recommended as my brother and I have assumed day to day decision making.



Difference of baler belt design

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire