Tires on windrow

samedi 17 octobre 2020

Hello,

 

Just last year I switched from making small squares bales to making round bales.  I have had a JD530 baler for a few years but never used it so I thought I would pull it out of retirement.  After some trial and error and making some adjustments from recommendations made by people on this forum, I made about 70 round bales with it.  The bales looked and felt decent.  Then my neighbor had some health issues and I ended up putting up his hay for him.  So happens he has a JD 6415 tractor and a JD569 baler.  Holy cow that was a fun baler to run.  He let me use his baler to put up the rest of my hay as well so my JD530 sat out the rest of the season.

 

Now I have noticed that the twine on the 70 bales I made with the JD530 is falling off of the edges of the bales.  Looks like I did not fill the bale edges very well. I have a White American 80 4wd tractor and the wheels will not move out far enough to avoid driving on the windrow when trying to fill the edges of the bale chamber.  Now my question.  I am guessing that driving on the windrow is not preferred but is it possible to make good bales while driving on the windrow when filling the edges of the bale?

 

Thanks for your time, John.



Tires on windrow

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire