2016 RTV X1100C or Honda Pioneer 1000?

lundi 9 novembre 2015

I was about to the pull the trigger on a brand spanking new 2015 RTV X110C but since it was nearing the end of the 2015 model year, I decided to hold off and see if anything new would be announced for 2016.

New for 2016 the RTV X1100C will have a front PTO option which will allow the use of some new implements. The one that I’m most interested in is the 66-inch snow blower with a standard hydraulic chute rotation and deflector. This will come in handy for me for clearing the driveway at home or up at the cottage.

I was dead set on the 2016 RTV then along comes the newly announced Honda Pioneer 1000. The specs on the Pioneer are quite impressive:

- 74hp
- 72ftlbs
- 1000 lbs payload
- 2000 lbs towing
- 6 speed dual clutch gearbox (no belts)
- high/low range t-case
- 2wd/4wd – locking front and rear differentials/turf mode
- auto/manual – paddle shifters
- 12.9 inches of ground clearance
- high top speed > 60mph

The Honda would seem to me as the best of both worlds – excellent utility capabilities and can also be used for recreational activities

Now on to the negatives:

- not a diesel so fuel economy will suffer
- cab is an afterthought – very expensive and doesn’t look to be as tightly sealed as the RTV but don’t know for sure?
- no AC and heater also seems to be an afterthought
- no PTO or hydraulic accessories
- expen$ive – approaching $30k with cab and some comparable options to the RTV

So the big dilemma is do I choose the tortoise or the hare? I don’t need the speed of the Pioneer but it would be nice on occasion to take it on the trails. Quite frankly the only thing that is holding me back on the X1100C is the frequent mention on this and other forums of the RTV labouring while climbing up steep grades. I will be using my UTV to do various tasks (hauling, plowing and/or blowing snow, etc…) where the terrain can be quite steep. I also get the impression that the RTV is more solidly built and will stand the test of time.

Think I’ll wait to see both in the showrooms then decide which is best for me.


2016 RTV X1100C or Honda Pioneer 1000?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire