Recomendations on purchasing a round baler

dimanche 8 novembre 2015

Hello! We have just purchased a 180 acre farm in Hillsville, Va with about 95 acres pasture/hay ground. I would like to run 60 or so head of cattle and hope to be able to rotational graze. I will look at stockpiling 26 acres of Fescue for winter feeding...not sure that will be enough, so thinking I had better look into a reasonably priced round baler. I would welcome your recommendations.

 

I have a NH TN55 4x4, but its rated at only 35 drawbar horsepower...so it will not handle much! I have a NH 278 square baler and it is really more baler that the tractor should handle! Is there anything in a round baler that would work...short of an old Roto-Baler!!!

 

I have thought of looking a larger tractor, but I really would like to get the rotational grazing and stockpiling to work and avoid the baling, if possible.

 

I am not a farmer...just a city boy who's always wanted to have a small cattle farm! I have 6 acres of coastal hay now that I play with...but, that's where what pitiful little knowledge I have ends!

 

Thanks for your help and God Bless!

Jimmy



Recomendations on purchasing a round baler

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire