Round baler PTO requirements

mercredi 23 novembre 2016

Hey folks. I could really use some advice. I'm thinking seriously of trading in my Krone Bellima (fixed chamber) for a New Holland Roll-Belt 450 Silage Special (basically what used to be the BR7060 but curvier). There are lots of reasons why, but basically I want to feed out less often and use less wrap by making solid hard-core bales instead of saggy marshmallows (the first cut is fine with the Krone -- it's the second cut and anything after that makes puny bales).

  My question is this. The 450 Silage Special calls for a minimum PTO hp of 65. I drive a John Deere 5083E with PTO hp of 69, and I have some very hilly terrain. The dealer, who also sells Krones, says I'll be fine so long as I keep the bale dimensions no bigger than 48"x52".

  What do you guys think? Ever operate a bigger round baler with a tractor sized like mine? Any thoughts on whether I'll be over-taxing the tractor, or just failing to bale the way this baler wants to?

  Many thanks in advance.



Round baler PTO requirements

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire