So I've thought of another winter project

vendredi 18 novembre 2016

And she's a doozy... I've got an old Minnesota #5 rolabar rake that grandpa bought new. It's a good old rake, and I like it better than my New Hollands as the basket spins faster, but there's a problem... It's belt driven. With a round belt. That's no longer available. So the plan is to remove belt drive and make it hydraulic drive. Good friend is a hydraulic engineer said I should be able to get it done for about $500, that's motor, hoses, and speed control valve. Money isn't an issue with this as I would never sell it, so any thoughts of what else I should add to it? I have a set of shock absorber caster wheels I'd like to use as gauge wheels, and make it raise and lower hydraulically. Way more dollars into a 65 year old rake but like I say, it's not about the money, it's about making something better than it was from the factory. Dad thinks I should add a PTO pump and reservoir so any tractor could run it. I told him let's not get silly here... :P

And by the way, does anyone know the proper colors this thing should be? Dad said he remembers it being a rust-orange kind of color. Wheels and bars are yellow, basket stars are an awful green. (think Deutz spring green)

So I've thought of another winter project

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire