Our new buggy

vendredi 9 décembre 2016

Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I will probably do more reading than posting but thanks for all the years of good info that you all have assembled!
For me it started with craigslist browsing used buggys, I had settled on a mule 3010 or 610. I thought I had better buy a new one because you never know how a person took care of something used and I already have so much stuff to work on I just wanted one thing new and reliable. I slowly convinced myself that it had to be diesel because everything else around here is and another requirement was power steering, power dump. In the Mule line that put me at $14K.... Plus a snow plow and some sort of windshield because its cold and windy as hell here and now were talking serious cash. What else is out there for that kind of money?
I thought I would take a look at the kubota dealer they are friendly and I have owned Kubota tractors and Kubota engines and never had any trouble with them. It did not take long to warm up to the RTV 900, It came with Hydraulic steering, Hydraulic dump standard, built like a tank, and was $1000 cheaper than the mule. It was pretty much settled if i could convince myself to peel off that kind of money for a buggy it would be the bota. After pricing the 900 and a plow again sticker shock settled in and cooled me for a bit.
After Weeks of belly aching, research, ect... Long story short the ole lady and I went back to the Kubota dealer and bought the X1100C. As cold and windy as it is here in the winter I thought it would get waaaay more use with a heated cab... And I was right!
We have had it for about two weeks now, I have absolutely no buyers remorse, yesterday I spent about two hours clearing brush it was 20 degrees out 20mph winds and I had the window down about 6" with the heater fan on the lowest setting! Basically its been about the most fun you can have working on a farm in cold windy weather.
The transition from a worn out Kawasaki mule for $2500 to a Kubota X1100C with heat ac and a windshield wiper took about a year for me but i wont be looking back!

I just received the basic Curtis plow, its in pieces yet to be assembled, after reading the assembly manual it looks pretty straight forward. Also ordered the headache rack so i don't toss a piece of fire wood ect through the back glass, it looks kinda cheep but i guess it will serve its purpose and maybe hold some bungees.

In my limited experience with the x1100c the pros are to many to list. The cons for me are there is nowhere to put anything in the cab except under the seat, and there is not much leg room. Not so con cons would be there are no arm rests on the doors to speak of, the cup holders don't have a slot for a coffee cup handle. Wish list would be doors you can lock from inside the cab and remote start would be awesome!

The short list of mods I will be installing include some Speedtech mini lightbars on the roof I have them on my tractor and they are awesome, bed extensions like the ones you all have posted especially with the chainsaw mount, and im thinking I can mount a gun rack under the head rests with out hitting my neck on it.. anyone try that?

If you have read this post through I have taken up too much of your time, thanks again for all the great info, hopefully this buggy will last a very very long time and continue to bring joy in this dismal weather :-)


Our new buggy

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire