BR740 Pickup Wear Questions

dimanche 9 juillet 2017

I am working on replacing some bushings in the stuffer on my pickup and decided to take a look at the pickup cam while I have the baler apart. I have never messed with the pickup in the 4 years I have had the baler. The baler has the 1.8M, single cam pickup.

 

-How much play should there be in the pickup cam track? On mine there is about 3/16" gap between the cam follower diameter and the width of the cam groove. If you grab the pickup tine you can rotate it a bit. Is this too much wear? Dealer has the same baler on the lot and there is no play in the pickup tines. Should I replace the cams?

 

-The cam followers are tight perpendicular to their axis, but you can grab the follower and wiggle it some. I assume they should last a while yet?

 

-The tine bar bearings appear ok, but there is some play between the bearing and the sheetmetal housing that holds it. I guess that just how it goes with high bale count.

 

Any other wear points I should take a look at? The pickup wasn't giving me any trouble by I would rather be on top of things.

 



BR740 Pickup Wear Questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire