orchard/timothy mix

mercredi 19 juillet 2017

Planning to plant my first hay field this fall.  The plan had been to plant orchardgrass, but I'm considering seeding in some timothy with the orchard.  There doesn't seem to be much timothy hay in my area, and the horsey people perk up any time timothy is mentioned.  How would seeding say 20 lb/acre orchard and 5 lb/acre timothy effect my overall yield for the year?   From what I understand, in my area Timothy is typically a one cut and done affair, as it goes dormant early in the summer.  I'm assuming that subsequent cuttings would contain pretty much just orchard in such a stand.  Would a pure orchard stand be easier to maintain and have better longevity?  Any words of wisdom will be appreciated.



orchard/timothy mix

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire