JD 435 Jamming at the starter roll.

mardi 25 juillet 2017

OK so here is the issue. I honestly think I've got figured out myself but want some confirmation. I bought my first round baler 3 years ago when my brother graduated Auburn and we decide it was now or never. So a new JD tractor and '94 model baler got delivered to the house ( I'd been small time square baling all through high school for cash). Got all the kinks worked out of it the first year while we learned and I couldn't be more pleased with the baler. Makes a good tight twine wrapped bale. We put a new set of belts on it this year and we have worked it harder this year than ever, 700 rolls on the first cutting.

 

 

I was baling a custom job last Friday and it jammed above the starter roll twice. It would wedge the hay between the belts and the roll and stall the tractor. MY opinion is the windrows were to big. My grandfather volunteered to rake for me and in really heavy hay he kept taking a full bite and made these huge windrows. Bless his heart, he retired from 35 years of over the road truck driving. He can drive anything but listening to the baby of the family about how to rake hay is not going to happen with this 85 year old. Windrows were so large that when starting a bale hay would get caught between the ground and the tongue of the baler, never making it to the pick up. Heavy hay is good for business but huge windrows can be a pain to bale. 

 

I think the baler does a jam up job to be as old as I am but I need to make sure their isn't a mechanical issue. I need to get back in the field as soon as the rain moves out again and the last thing I need is to be in a customers field with a broke down baler and rain on the way.

 

Sorry about being long winded. Any information will be great. 

 

Thanks

 

Tyler



JD 435 Jamming at the starter roll.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire