Lost a chain on a 556.

jeudi 20 juillet 2017

I was cleaning up the baler after I got done today, after washing off hay guard I went to oil chains. Noticed the long one that goes to the top roller was gone. Not a scratch or any sign of a chain flopping around. Took a good 40 min to find it out in the field. It looks good. At first I thought maybe I lost the master link, but it's still on it. Put it back on to see how much is there and only lost a link. So, do I buy a link? Or do I get new chain and sprockets? First time losing a chain. I was lucky I guess, I see Deere balers all the time with the sheet metal bulged out in front of the main drive. I will say this year I switched to Deere chain lube instead of gear oil to cut down on mess. I'm sure there no correlation. Looking back now, it did pull a little harder hitting big windrows, I re-raked some hay and it balled up in a couple of spots. I slowed down kinda. But I could tell I hit them. Might have put stress on chain. But it baled with no issue missing it.

Lost a chain on a 556.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire