Shuts off intermittently

dimanche 21 janvier 2018

So I have to say that I have been impressed with my 2017 RTVX1100C up until now. It has been sitting outside for about week in some very cold weather with high temperatures in the high teens to low 20's. Yesterday we had nice warm up with highs in the mid forties. It was so nice out I thought I would run the property line to check on a few things. So I get in and start it up (normal startup) and I let it idle a bit to get warmed up. I put it in gear and start on my run, with in first 75 feet it starts slowing down, then shuts off completely, it felt like it was running out of fuel. I check the fuel gauge shows 3/4 tank. I decide to restart it and it starts and idles normally.

Thinking its a fluke I decide to continue on I put it back in gear and go. This time with in 150 feet it does the same thing. This time I do visual check inside fuel tank and verify the 3/4 tank of fuel. Check the fuel filter, which looks extremely clean and verify no water in separator, all checks out ok. Long story short it does three more times, to the point I cancel my trip because I don't want to get stuck out in back part of my property.

It just turned 100 miles on odometer, it starts and idles normally each and every time but when it shuts off under acceleration it feels like running out of fuel. I don't see anything obvious. So I decided to park it in heated garage over night to see if maybe it has gelled fuel line or something.

I also wanted to reach out to you kind folks to see if anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions? Thanks in advance.


Shuts off intermittently

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire