Need advice on a baler to buy

lundi 22 janvier 2018

Hi folks, new to the forum and looking to get into small scale hay production. My name is Kevin and I live in NW Oregon. I’ve got 5 acres of semi soupy ground that dries out well in spring and summer. I would only be producing hay on 2 acres as we’ve put 2 acres into timber and the other is a 1 acre hobby farm plot. I have a Yanmar 1610D tractor that’s 20 hp. I think I’ve got the mower part figured out (sickle bar) as well as the rake, but I’m having trouble with finding a baler that would work for my tractor. I’ve looked into hobby farm type balers but they go for 8k all the way up to 17k! Outrageous! I was hoping someone could give me a few ideas on what I could do on a small New Holland/Deere/Case/Hesson or other brand baler that I might find at auction that would work for me. Even one that had its own engine would be fine. I’ve also looked into the small round baler that runs on a BCS two wheel tractor but even those are too steep for my budget. Any advice anybody could lend me would be helpful, thanks.

Need advice on a baler to buy

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire