Done with my PITA

lundi 15 janvier 2018

I must admit that I have been very fortunate with hay customers, all of whom are horse people.  My hay has sold for years by word of mouth with no advertising and no leftovers come hay season.   But,,, I have had a hay customer for some 5 years now, often 10-20 bales at a time at weird hours often in panic at the last minute.  But, she lives just up the road so I put up with it. two years ago she got  some orchard grass that was made the first week of June (way before most here) that obviously I would have liked to make when it was raining in mid may.  It was late fall after most of the ground here had gone dormant.  She boards at a place on the river and her paddocks are in the floodplain meaning they are warmer later in the year and wetter and still have thriving green grass long after the uplands do not.  Could not understand why her horses would not eat the hay, must be bad hay.  I said are the paddocks green?  She said yes, then don't feed hay as they are not going to choose hay over grass.  Two weeks later after the temps dropped they were eating the bad hay just fine.

 

Same person texted me today about "what the hell happened to your hay, horses won't eat what we just got".  I told her there was absolutely nothing wrong with the hay, i was feeding the exact same hay to my horses and boarded horses and they were cleaning it up.  It isn't sugar hay like third cutting but it is well made dominantly og.  So it is coming back sometime and she is looking for another supplier.  Good riddens and hopefully she finds someone who will sell here 100% perfect hay 10 bales at a time for 6$/bale.  Done with my PITA.

 

Honestly you guys that write about horsey types on a regular basis, don't know how you live with customers like this.  ok, i feel better now.... :angry:

 

 

 



Done with my PITA

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire