Baler plugging

mercredi 18 juillet 2018

So I bought a used vermeer 665 rancher. And sometimes in big windrows it pushes hay infront of the pickup. I think what causes this is the tractor axles bunches it up in a big ball then it get free then getinfront of the pickup.

If i slow down to about 4.5 mph it doesnt do it. But when i go about 5.5 mph it has happend twice. I have to back up far enough to push the pile down with the loader then it will go into baler.

Anyone else have this problem?
When going 5.5 in big windrows it makes a very nice tight perfect shaped bale. Am i pushing it too hard? First baler so other than the about 700 bales i have made with this one i have no prior experance.

I have 2 neighbors one has a 568 deere and the other a 569 and they both said "that yellow baler sure makes a pretty bale".

Has me thinking maybe i need to adjust my rake to gather only 2 cutter passes rather than 3 if i am in heavy hay. Said field made 4.5 bales an acre 4x5.5 with pressure cranked all the way up. Using a 10'6" cutter.

Also goig that fast most of my bales end up 67" when it is spose to be a 66" bale. Vermeer dealer said most people run them like that where you are cramming it in so fast you end up with a 67" bale. He said dont worry about it ahouldnt hurt it? Whats yalls take?

Baler plugging

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire