Having trouble with IH 1100 sickle mower

mardi 31 juillet 2018

I have an old carted 9' sickle mower and in the brome grass and brome mix that I cut I have troubles when the grass gets thick in that it wont cut.  Some of the grass is matted down and/or hasn't been cut for a year or two and that is part of the problem but on the clay mix and clay/gravel mix areas where the grass isn't as thick or tall it will cut great.  The thick stuff will gather on the mower and drag with it and then it doesn't cut patches and it ends up being a mess.  Would an old sickle style haybine cut this any better or do I need to move up to a rotary cutter or moco?  I only put about 10-15 acres for myself and am getting more smaller custom jobs all of the time, but low budget is the name of the game.  

 

I did spend most of last summer changing all of the guards and am using all new smooth sickle sections and that made only a marginal difference.



Having trouble with IH 1100 sickle mower

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire