Best way to rake to speed up production

jeudi 19 juillet 2018

I am running into an issue raking this year, and not sure of the best way to fix it.  Put up hay on 100-125 acres a year, mostly rented ground, and some of it is pretty rough.  About 800 round bales, and 1000-1500 small squares.  Most of these fields are 5-10 acres, and oddly shaped, lots of hills.  I work full time, so speeding things up is pretty important.  Is usually just me, but dad will mow or rake for me when he can.  Usually I mow 5+ acres at a time, what I can get back up in an evening.  I'll then go in and rake the night/day before baling, and bale the next day.  I have been using 2 roll a bar rakes on a double hitch, so that does speed things up some.  If dad rakes, he usually only will use one rake, and double up windrows.  This year we are really late finishing up 1st cutting because of the wet spring, and a lot of this hay is pretty big.  We round bale with a Krone KR 125.  What I have been running into is if I set up my double hitch to rake double rows, it will plug up at least one rake, and if I just single windrow, I have to run the baler tractor faster than I would like on the rougher ground and hills.  Double windrows make baling faster, but if the windrows get too big, the baler doesn't like them and will spill some hay off the sides.  Not a big problem other than it will leave hay on the field, and I don't like that.  I saw some folks baling yesterday, the same big first cutting that we are dealing with, baling huge 25' windrows.  I would have my baler plugged in the first 3'.  I know a rotary rake would solve a lot of problems, but trying to work with what I have until the right deal comes along.  Mower is a 7'10" Frontier, so about 15 feet of hay or so seems to work pretty good.  To me, an 8 or 9' rake takes too long.  Raked about 7-8 acres last night on a rough hillside with 2 rakes in about 1 1/2 hours.  Any suggestions for making good windrows in big hay, and keeping things moving along?



Best way to rake to speed up production

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire