Nh68 repair is it worth it?

mercredi 15 juillet 2020

I have a NH268 that I just rebuilt the whole plunger and feeder assembly. Runs beautifully. But I was in the market for a second hay rake just for a backup. I even put all new tines on my rake this spring.

So I was talking to the neighbor about a rake he had. A international 15 side dump, interestingly the same exact model I have. It had the gearbox rebuilt 5 years ago and used on 7 acres a year for two years. Then he decided that 75 was a good age to stop baling himself and hire it done.

Back to the original topic. He had a Nh68 that had all new knotters put on 4 years ago to the tune of around $1000. He sold me both rake and baler for $450, says if it's gone he won't be tempted to do hay himself anymore. But the baler needs new plunger rails. Idk if it's worth the time and effort to replace it. Wife seems to think I'm spending money on a baler that I don't need to given the expense of the repair to the 268. I'd kinda like to fix it for a backup and if I decide to sell it if will be at least a decent little baler. I'd have hard time selling a subpar piece of equipment but don't want to put money into it and not be able to get it back at the end. Kind of a pro vs Con deal. What do you fellas think?

Nh68 repair is it worth it?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire