JD 530 loose twine

mercredi 15 juillet 2020

Hello,

 

I have a new to me JD 530 round baler with a single twine arm that I am trying to put into service.  All of the belts are brand new and are installed as per the manual.  This is my first time using a round baler so everything is new to me.  Anyway, started making bales last night and there is one issue I am not able to figure out.  The photo shows a typical bale and most of my bales have a section of loose twine on the left side of the bale.  When I say left side, I mean the side behind the twine arm when the twine arm is in its home position (right side in the photo). Hope this makes sense.  I got out of the tractor and watched the tying process a few times and the twine arm appears to move at a consistent speed although hard to tell with the hay dust.  I checked the twine arm gears and they seem tight and are meshing well.  I went ahead and finished baling but I would like to try and resolve this issue for my next baling adventure.  I will get the baler back in the shop this weekend and take a closer look at the twine arm and gears.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

 

Thanks for your time, John.

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_20200714_162530434.jpg


JD 530 loose twine

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire