2017 X1100C Review

vendredi 17 juillet 2020

I Thought I would give a review of the X1100C I purchased three months ago. It had 40hrs and 400kms on it when I bought it home. So far the machine has performed flawlessly. Runs strong and is quite comfortable for what it is. Below are some of the pros and cons I have observed:

Pros:
a) Fairly quite. The enclosed cab is great for keeping noise down to a level
where you can converse with the passenger without too much difficulty.
b) Heat and air conditioning are a blessing. My wife loves it just for this
reason alone.
c) Power. This machine is a haul and pull beast. It easily moves my 2600lb
jet boat in and out of the lake even though the slipway and road is on a
15% grade.
d) Fuel consumption. Great on fuel and consumes roughly half what the Can
Am Commander I have uses.
E) Cargo Capacity. You can load the bed with much more than the rated
1100lb as stated and the hydrolic dump feature is a bonus.

Cons:
a) Rattly over rough ground. It sounds like there is something loose in the
front end but inspection does not find anything obvious.
b) Speed. You have to push it to get the 40kmph out of it and then only on
down graded roads. I don't believe these machines are safe to operate
above this speed given the hydrolic steering and the way the suspension
is set up. It wonders a bit at 35-40kmph.
c) Cab is not completely dust or water free. Dust gets in around the door
seals and water does leak in through the windshield mounts and washer
hose assembly. I have been able to seal these leaks up pretty much but
some water still pools on the bottom of the windshield.
d) Shifting is difficult at times. This is probably my biggest complaint. At
times you really have to battle the shift lever to get it out of gear.

Overall I currently have 100hrs and 1300kms on it and am quite happy with it. The real test will be the winter when I plow with it, which is what I originally bough it for.

Cheers.


2017 X1100C Review

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire