JD 348 Knotter Issue Question

dimanche 20 septembre 2020

Had an occasional mis-tie on the RH side knotter today and a few days ago. Looking at the twine, I’ve got a knot on the bale end of the twine mostly when it happens and had a knot on both ends of the twine on one occasion. My immediate thought is tucker finger is not grabbing the twine from the knotter side. Looked at the tucker finger briefly and all seems to be in order compared to the LH knotter. Next I thought twine box tension and to me it feels somewhat loose vs what I recall (no scales with me today). I think my issue is twine box tension.

My question is - based on the knots at the end of the bale side twine and referencing the trouble shooting manual, it points the twine tension, tucker finger adjustment and needle and maybe one more thing - all of which are adjustments, not replacing parts as I read it.

I’ll be spending more time with the baler tomorrow.

Question is - anyone had similar knot issues with lack of twine box tension?

I’ve got a pile of hay to cut and this is a good week to do it weather wise and don’t want to be down with the baler.

Thoughts on the above?

Thanks!

JD 348 Knotter Issue Question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire