Choosing a baler

mercredi 16 septembre 2020

This is my first post on this forum, came here looking for advice from folks who have done it. I’m going to start mowing my own hay for my cattle and to sell to offset the cost of my equipment. I expect to put up 300-600 rolls a year of Bermuda, fescue, and Johnson grass hay in 4x5 net wrapped rolls. There are a lot of older Vermeer balers in this area. I believe to have narrowed my choices down to a few balers for you to critique. I don’t want to spend over 15k and would like to be closer to 10-12 honestly. Very nice barn kept Vermeer Rebel 5410’s with 3-4K rolls can be had for 10-12k. Vermeer 504m classic silage balers with 9-12k rolls can be had for 9-12k. Occasionally one can find a Deere 467 or 458 with a higher bale count for 12-15k. My main concerns are downtime and baling speed. I want simple to repair and reliable, and I want a machine that will bail fairly fast. This will be part time work so I need to make the most of my time. Can a rebel eat thick hay at 5-6mph or would I be better suited with another machine? I’m open to suggestions, thanks for your time.

Choosing a baler

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire