What to look at on old NH 68 or 268 balers?

samedi 19 septembre 2020

There's a couple of very old square balers at an auction near me. Right now I only do round bales but wouldn't mind having a square baler as a backup and to do a few hundred small squares per year. Being that I don't really need one and that I don't plan on using it that much I can't justify spending much for one so I thought one of these auction ones might work for me.

 

I do a lot of mechanical DIY stuff but I don't know much about square balers. Is there anything I can check with it sitting there on the lot? I already went grabbed a hold of everything I could and shook it around. The knotter on the 268 has some small pieces of string snagged on it, is that a bad sign? Maybe I'll run and post a picture to explain it better but in addition to the string that's ran through the machine there's some small pieces of other string here and there on the knotter. You can tell the 268 was ran this year and everything is greased on it.

 

The 68 - I talked to the auctioneer and he knew a little bit about this one. He said it came from an "estate situation", worked when last used but hasn't been used for a couple years. Looks like it's had straw bales sitting in it the entire time. He said he doesn't know anything about the 268.

Attached Thumbnails

  • nh68.jpg


What to look at on old NH 68 or 268 balers?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire