NH 654 problems

vendredi 25 septembre 2020

I have a 654 that the (wide) pickup is jamming.  It is happening on the righthand side, in the first stuffer slot, between the stuffer and the floor roll.  It happened last year and it turned out that the clutch on the starter roll ( which I guess is actually for the floor roll) was bad.  Not only was the clutch slipping but a couple of the spring washers had cracked in two.  I had it fixed by the local dealer and it worked well for second cutting last year and first cutting this year. As soon as I hit the field to bale this years second, it starting doing it again.  I was able to get one bale started but after that it would jam almost as soon as I hit the windrow.  I should have checked which clutch was slipping while I was out in the field but, just assumed it was the pickup clutch this time.  But, while I was examining things, I found that the spring washers on the roller clutch turn quite easily by hand.  Should they be doing this?  I know he replaced the two clutch disks and the 6 spring washers.  Or does anyone have another idea.

Thanks,

Doug



NH 654 problems

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire