Torque setting on new 5070 baler drive clutch

dimanche 20 mars 2016

Well I got me a new baler and want to have it tuned to perfection for the upcoming season. I read in the instruction manual that I need to "warm the clutch" before checking  the torque it takes to make it slip. I am fabricating the tool and got a scale to pull the 150lbs needed for the test.  The manual says trip the knotter and rotate flywheel forward then backwards till the needle protection latch and then roll flywheel until crank arm is against the needle protection latch. I can do this. The next step gives me heartburn and would like to hear from someone that has done it.  The book says engage PTO and let the drive clutch slip due to resistance from needle protection latch for 30 seconds to warm the clutch before checking the torque  with the tool. I would expect the clutch to be smoking.  Anyone done this?

 

Thanks,

 

DonMc



Torque setting on new 5070 baler drive clutch

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire