replacing axle oil seal - new position?

lundi 21 mars 2016

I finally got the rear axle / reduction box from my NH 1425 completely disassembled and now it's time to install the new oil seals.   In reading about oil seal installation, I came across this site which tells me NOT to install the seal in the same location on the axle as the old seal.  As far as I can tell, this is actually possible on the NH 1425 as the bore in which the seal sits is considerably deeper than the width of the seal so I could push it further into the bore with a simple shoulder on the press tool.

 

Indeed there is a shallow but perceptible wear groove in the axle where the old seal rode.   But it's real smooth and clean.

 

Is this really important?   What do the voices of experience say about this issue?   Thanks!

 

 



replacing axle oil seal - new position?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire