Nurse Cow

mardi 22 mars 2016

I have not had a true nurse cow here in a few years. One of my big cows came up lame. Vet thinks it is the stifle. He said to sell her while she could still get around. She was heavy bred and my stubborn constitution decided to work with her. She calved and cow weaker. Gave her CMPK and bute. She is still trying but can not get up on her own. Her calf is a good one so I decided to buy a nurse cow. The calf will pay for the cow.

A dairy friend sold me a nice young cow. Picked her up Saturday, roped the calf and put him in the pen Sunday. She has not entirely adopted him but he has laid claim to her.

It is an adjustment for a dairy cow to figure out the new milking machine.

 

Daisey upon arrival. Tied so the calf can nurse. Her letting him nurse freely. The calf is 2 weeks old.

Attached Thumbnails

  • Daisy Mae1.jpg
  • Daisy letting Brutus nurse.jpg
  • Daisy tied, calf nursing2.jpg


Nurse Cow

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire