Armyworms in teff

jeudi 18 août 2016

Today has been a bad day for me......after finding the sugarcane aphids in the haygrazer I went to look at the teff fields and they are infested with armyworms. The teff is close be needing to be cut and if is laying flat on the ground. I was hoping to cut Monday or Tuesday if the weather doesn't change. I'm torn between spraying tomorrow or waiting to cut first of the week. The label on karate(lambda cy) has a 7 day restriction on cutting hay after spraying so if I spray I'm going to miss my chance to cur next week. I would really rather not spray as well since the sprayer has herbicides for soybeans that I have been spraying in it and will be an aggravation to have to rinse it out. I'm afraid though if I don't spray that the armyworms might eat all the leaves by first of the week. Not sure if there are any other insecticides that have a shorter waiting period before cutting hay or if there is anyone around here who would even have them in stock. What's everyone's opinion given the situation.......should I spray or wait and cut first of the week?

Armyworms in teff

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire