What is it?

mardi 23 août 2016

I have a field full of this obnoxious grassy weed! It is growing vigorously despite the dry conditions. It grows 3-4 feet tall and has a stem that is between 1/4" & 3/8" in diameter at base. I was told "barn grass", but it doesn't look like barn grass images found on Google.

The field was in sweet corn last year, and has been fallow since.

I disced the field, as seen in pictures, the 1st week in June, and have done nothing to it since.

I'm thinking I may rotary mow, then moldboard plow.

Any thoughts or recommendations, and plant ID, appreciated.

Thanks much, Dave

 

The tall clumps of growth, in the discing pictures, are not the plant in question, they are volunteer Winter Rye regrowth from prior year's cover crop. The growth in question is probably the green that's only a few inches tall in the pictures.

Attached Thumbnails

  • Home, Stewartstown 017.JPG
  • Hay 005.JPG
  • Hay 006.JPG


What is it?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire