Brush hogging. Out of my comfort zone.

mardi 30 août 2016

We had a prospective customer call who needed their hay field cut, baled, and stacked urgently. Right away if possible.

We have a company policy, and for good reason, to inspect any new customer field.

Well, it hasn't been cut since last year, hasn't been watered in four years, and I can't cut it with a clear conscience. The hay is grass, weeds, and remnant alfalfa. It is so far over ripe that I can imagine a mushroom wouldn't like it.

The option that I see is to brush hog the field.

I have a 7 foot JD and the tractor, and a hand that wants hours.

Here is the issue. I only use the brush hog to mow along field roads and a weed patch here or there. I have never hired it out and have no idea what to charge. I have read several threads on several forums..... hourly? By the acre? By the job? I have more questions than answers.

I will post a pic of the field.

Attached Thumbnails

  • 20160830_150545.jpg


Brush hogging. Out of my comfort zone.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire