Yellow Rattle in hay field

lundi 22 août 2016

Hello, while browsing the internet to try and solve my problem, I came across this website. Very interesting site. 

 

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had to try and remove Yellow Rattle (Rhinanthus Minor) from their hay fields?  I have a 10 acre grass hay field that we bale and sell the bales to people with horses so I have to be careful with the chemicals that i may use.  This yellow rattle has really taken over this year and i am looking for options on how to get rid of it.  Turns out that this plant is almost like an annual wildflower that is semi-parasitic and likes to attach itself to grass roots.  It is not considered a noxious weed.

 

I read where i could have some success with applying 2,4-d in the spring or maybe even mowing the field after the plant flowers and before it goes to seed but i was hoping someone has dealt with this plant before.  I suppose my last option would be to apply Glyphosate and start over with new grass seed.

 

Thanks for your time, John.



Yellow Rattle in hay field

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire