Sugarcane aphids in NC

jeudi 18 août 2016

I was out looking at my haygrazer today and I noticed tons of wasps and bees in the field that were attracted to a sticky residue all over the leaves. I turned the leaf over and the whole underside of almost every leaf was covered with sugarcane aphids. I looked at this field about a week ago and I didn't notice any aphids so these things have reproduced very quickly one they got into the field. This is the first I had heard of sugarcane aphids around here and there isn't many sorghum family crops grown locally. I did a little research on sugarcane aphids in NC and it appears like they were discover in some counties east of here about a month ago in milo. The haygrazer is almost chest high so I think I'm going to just cut it as soon as we have some clear weather.....hopefully next week if the forecast doesn't change.

image.jpg

Sugarcane aphids in NC

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire