Calf feeding questions

dimanche 18 septembre 2016

Hi all, This will get a few chuckles from the crowd here but I half to start somewhere right.....

 

My first calf arrived yesterday, I bought her from my next door farmer not the sale barn....

 

She weights around 5-600# now, born this spring, has had her first 6 way shot & worming... not sure the date right now....

 

She will be in with my horses after she gets use to the place but for now I have her in a acre paddock with free choice hay & grass..  I plan to start feeding her tor a couple reasons, weight gain and to tame her down to be able to handle her. 

 

The plan is to breed her next year..  

 

I will be buying my feed from this place   http://ift.tt/2cJIsTy;...

 

I want the best, I think I can afford to start her off the best I can so I want the experts advice here, not my cheap friends advice... 

 

Will hand feed her twice daily, @ 600#, how much should I feed her, I read 1-2lbs of feed per day based on body weight, so that equates to 6-12 lbs of feed per day or less to start with correct ??

 

What about adding minerals ... what & how often ...

 

I already have several salt blocks out ....

 

Vacs --- what's net & when...

 

I was thinking the " cpc supreme 16%  in the link... I don't know the cost yet per bulk sack for this.. 

 

Also, I want to start feeding a systemic ?? type fly stuff but have no idea in this area, I like the idea of feeding something that will help with fly control & other pests...    help me in this area also please as I am a noob and want the good feeding habits for cattle....

 

Thanks, Chris

 

 

 

001.JPG



Calf feeding questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire