Brush Hogging Grass Hay (tips)

mercredi 28 septembre 2016

I read this in the comments of a youtube video.  I was hoping someone could confirm this for me.  Also I was wondering what the best/safest way to determine which way the blade spins...

 

If the rotary cutter blade rotates counter clockwise, mow clockwise and over lap a foot or so to pick up and cut vegetation laid down by the tires on the previous pass.

 

Any other tips would be great! Last time I used it to cut the grass as many of you may recall.... I kind of did a butcher job. I was hoping to refine my technique a little to improve the cut. I'm aware it's only going to be so good considering I'm not using the proper tool for the job. I also read and remember someone suggesting I over lap my passes to help get a better cut.

 

Hopefully I can get my sickle bar going this winter so I don't have to brush hog any more hay. I'm worried that even once I tune it up it'll struggle with the bunch type orchard grass I have. I guess only time will tell.



Brush Hogging Grass Hay (tips)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire