Do 'wide swath' kits on MoCo's dry hay faster?

jeudi 29 septembre 2016

I'm narrowing down my search for a new MoCo at the end of this year and am looking for opinions on whether or not to get the wide swath kit offered by most of the equipment brands. NH and Krone offer it as an option, Kuhn seems to offer it only on it's center pulled machines, and now JD is coming out with a version of it for next year. I'm making strictly grass hay for horses........small squares. Will spreading the hay out very wide while mowing make the hay dry faster? I've heard yes, simply due to more surface area exposed to the sun, but I've also head the arguement that a swath that just fits between the rear ties of the tractor is better so that.......A) the hay doesn't get run over as much, and B) so that the area in between the swaths can dry out before tending. I typically come in with the tedder a few hours after mowing. Just curious what everyone has found.

Do 'wide swath' kits on MoCo's dry hay faster?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire