Faded camo doors

vendredi 4 novembre 2016

Starting to fix the RTV up some. Really excited after getting new tires, so I decided to get the doors out of storeage and stretch the fabric back out on the camo doors before putting them on for the colder months coming up. The velcro had come unglued all the way around, so I fixed that.

over the last several years I had noticed the camo fabric was becoming faded from the original camo color. Now the doors look like a pinkish/purplish faded camo color. Really looks like crap next to the camo color still on the RTV fenders, hood and bed. I have a Curtis cab enclosure if anyone is familiar with that. I'll try to take some pics later to show what I'm talking about.

Anyhow, does anyone have any idea how to restore the camo color to be even somewhat close to what it was before? I've heard of a product called Camo Restore, but I haven't read any good reviews of the product, nor do I think I can wash this fabric in the washing machine. it needs to remain on the metal frame.

I actually thought of spraying a fine mist of paint over the fabric, hoping to wash out the pinkish tone to it, but I'm afraid I'll mess it up.

Any ideas or things some of you might have done with some success?


Faded camo doors

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire